Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010



Book: NightLight: A Parody by The Harvard Lampoon
Genre: Young Adult/Spoof
Published: November 3, 2009
How I Got the Book: for Christmas


Synopsis (from b&n.com): "About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him–which I assumed was wildly out of his control–that wanted me dead. And third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he had kissed me."


Pale and klutzy, Belle arrives in Switchblade, Oregon looking for adventure, or at least an undead classmate. She soon discovers Edwart, a super-hot computer nerd with zero interest in girls. After witnessing a number of strange events–Edwart leaves his tater tots untouched at lunch! Edwart saves her from a flying snowball!–Belle has a dramatic revelation: Edwart is a vampire. But how can she convince Edwart to bite her and transform her into his eternal bride, especially when he seems to find girls so repulsive?


My Thoughts: This was actually funny at times. There were little quirks that the authors threw in that reminded me of the Naked Gun movies. The book consists of random events; silly things happening out of no where most of the time. Some of the time I got it...some other times I did not get the references. I know the Twilight saga in and out, but this book went in some oppositie directions I feel. Now the funny parts condisted of the description of Edward everytime he wlked into a room (his hair was described different everytime, lol) and obsessive way Bella cooked every meal for her dad. I'd recommend this book for Twilight or former Twilight fans with a sense of humor.

Characters: An exagerated, over the top parody of Bella, Edward and the gang...just not as in depth as Twilight of course.

Cover Art: Pretty funny. It's painfully obvious this is about Twilight...just chewed up.

Overall:


0 comments:

Post a Comment